PO Box 4501
Winchester, VA 22604
Passionate, responsible and committed software developer, with a driven mindset and a passion for code. With much experience in designing, implementing and adapting technically sophisticated online web applications.
- Designed full website automation for popular sites using Watir and Watir-webdriver in the Ruby language.
- Designed a script to pay all site members who’ve authored content; all appropriate fees for students memberships, and subscriptions, via the PayPal API using Python.
- Designed and deployed a full eCommerce website built on top of the Satchmo/Django framework using Python.
- Designed an application to record basketball tournament data and rank teams on many different criteria. I designed my own flat file database system to keep records in CSV. This was used to rank a multiday interstate basketball tournament.
Open Source Contributions
- Active Gem Author and Publisher http://rubygems.org/profiles/danielpclark
- Contributor to several Open Source projects including RubyGems
- My own various Open Source projects published to Github http://github.com/danielpclark
- Open Source game released in 2002 called Py Connect Four written in Python using the PyGame SDL library
- Active StackOverFlow.com contributor
- Equivalent of 4+ years of experience developing software with more than 10+ years part time involvement.
- Proficient in: Ruby, Python, APIs, Berkeley DB, Communication Skills, Computer Repair, CSS, Gem Authoring, GIMP, HTML, JSON, Linux System Administration, OOD, Satellite Communications, Web Dev/Design, Web Framework, Windows System Administration, XML
- Web Automation with: Mechanize, Nokogiri, Selenium, and Watir
- Studying Techniques: GRASP, Permutation Algorithms, SOA
- English (Native)
- Spanish (Elementary proficiency)
- Japanese (Elementary proficiency)
- Clark Christian High School 2003
Contact Me: 6ftdan (at) gmail (dot) com