SOFTWARE DEVELOPER / DETECTIVE
Passionate, responsible and committed software developer, with a driven mindset and a passion for code. With much experience in designing, implementing and adapting technically sophisticated online web applications.
- As part of a code competition I built an interface for scraping YouTube videos and wrote some helper methods to take advantage of creating embedded website videos. Also one of the core developers for Rails in the project.
- Designed full website automation for popular sites using Watir and Watir-webdriver in the Ruby language.
- Designed a script to pay all site members who’ve authored content; all appropriate fees for students memberships, and subscriptions, via the PayPal API using Python.
- Designed and deployed a full eCommerce website built on top of the Satchmo/Django framework using Python.
- Designed an application to record basketball tournament data and rank teams on many different criteria. I designed my own flat file database system to keep records in CSV. This was used to rank a multiday interstate basketball tournament.
Open Source Contributions
- Active Gem Author and Publisher http://rubygems.org/profiles/danielpclark
- Contributor to several Open Source projects including RubyGems, RVM, OmniContacts
- My own various Open Source projects published to Github http://github.com/danielpclark
- Open Source game released in 2002 called Py Connect Four written in Python using the PyGame SDL library
- Active StackOverFlow.com contributor
- Equivalent of 4+ years of experience developing software with more than 10+ years part time involvement.
- Proficient in: Ruby, Python, APIs, Berkeley DB, Communication Skills, Computer Repair, CSS, Gem Authoring, GIMP, HTML, JSON, Linux System Administration, OOD, Satellite Communications, Web Dev/Design, Web Framework, Windows System Administration, XML
- Web Automation with: Mechanize, Nokogiri, Selenium, and Watir
- Studying: GRASP, Permutation Algorithms, SOA, Scala, D Language, JRuby, TorqueBox
- English (Native)
- Spanish (Elementary proficiency)
- Japanese (Elementary proficiency)
- Clark Christian High School 2003
Contact Me: 6ftdan (at) gmail (dot) com